|Create Account | Sign in|
Not a member? Create an account
The Tour de Tamborine is recognised as one of South East Queensland’s premier charity sporting events. Set amongst the tranquility of a subtropical paradise, participants of all ages and abilities are invited to enter one of several distances in either a cycle, a run or a walk - all in aid of local charity.
No better home for this remarkable event than the new multi million dollar sports facility - the world class Tamborine Mountain Sport and Recreation Complex.
On the day
* Event check-in opens at 5.30am (and closes at 6.45am).
* Participants are required to check-in in person at least 15 mins prior to the start time of their event.
* Proposed Start Times for each event:
|Proposed Start Time||Type|
|06:00||James Frizelles Gold Coast Skoda 50km Cycle|
|06:45||15km Walk or Run|
|07:00||10km Walk or Run|
|07:15||5km Walk or Run|
* Each participant receives a safety briefing prior to taking part.
* All cycle routes are suitable for road bikes.
* Entrants under 18 years of age must provide parental or guardian consent. This form will be emailed to your registered email address to complete and bring with you on the day.
* All registrations to be completed online - open from 1st August 2010.
* Email address is required.
* Multiple entries can be completed and paid for in the one transaction.
* Early Bird Entry Prices apply - discounted offer before 12noon Wednesday 3rd November.
* Further 10% discount applies for group registrations of ten or more paying entrants.
* Participants can choose from any ONE of the following ten categories:
|Type||Early Bird Price*||Normal Entry Fee|
|5km Cycle||$ 20*||$ 25|
|25km Cycle||$ 35*||$ 40|
|James Frizelles Gold Coast Skoda 50km Cycle||$ 60*||$ 65|
|5km Walk or Run||$ 20*||$ 25|
|10km Walk or Run||$ 20*||$ 25|
|15km Walk or Run||$ 20*||$ 25|
|5km Junior Cycle (under 12)||FREE||FREE|
|25km Junior Cycle (under 12)||FREE||FREE|
|5 km Junior Walk or Run (under 12)||FREE||FREE|
|10km Junior Walk or Run (under 12)||FREE||FREE|
* Deadline for online entries is 12noon Wednesday 17th November 2010 - SPACES ARE LIMITED SO PLEASE ENSURE EARLY REGISTRATION.
* Event Tshirts are available to purchase within the registration process for $10 - all profits donated to the official charities. To be able to select within online registration, participants must enter before 12noon Wednesday 3rd November 2010. Junior entries (Under 12) who raise more than $20 in sponsorship money for the Tour de Tamborine official charities will be offered one complimentary Event tshirt - ordered on the day with confirmation of monies received and posted to the participant after the event. Tshirt Details - 100% Cotton, Slim Fit, 165grm Approx. Six sizes available - 14 (47cm chest, 65.5 SP Length), Small (50cm chest, 68.5 SP Length), Medium (52.5cm chest, 70.5 SP Length), Large (55cm chest, 72.5 SP Length), XLarge (57.5cm chest, 74.5 SP Length), XXLarge (60cm chest, 76.5 SP Length).
* Once the Entry Application has been accepted, there is no entitlement to a refund or credit of any nature, including cancellation of the Event, or races within the Event due to bad weather, personal circumstances, bereavement, hardship or any other reason whatsoever. Substitutions may be permitted but only in the same category and prior to online registration closing. This is managed individually by each participant using the online database.
* Please note, advertised event distances are approximate guides only and should not be used for comparison to officially ratified courses.
* By entering into this event, participants acknowledge that they have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions of entry.
|Click property for more dates||Distance
|Witches Falls Cottages||1.2km||345|
|The Castle on Tamborine||1.3km||950|
|Camelot Cottages (Tamborine Mountain)||1.6km||440|
|Mt Tamborine Stonehaven Guest House||1.6km||285|
|Maz's on the Mountain||1.6km||449|
|The Polish Place Chalets||1.7km||480|
|Curtis Falls Mountain SPA Retreat & Cottage||1.7km||398|
|Kidd Street Cottages||1.9km||580|
|Amore Bed and Breakfast||2.1km||260|
|Pethers Rainforest Retreat||2.2km||380|
|Tamborine Luxury Chalets||2.4km||290|
|Muscatels Country Lodge||2.5km||290|
Mouseover the "green area" of the elevation graph to show the elevation along the route.
Click the "green area" of the elevation graph to show the elevation info box.
The Tour de Tamborine is organised each year by a management committee of local volunteers. First started in 2003 in memory of local young archaeologist Samantha Eames, the events primary focus is the generation of much needed funds for local charities and community organisations, showcasing Tamborine Mountains stunning environment, as well as family participation and a healthy lifestyle.